Collective Bias - Fun, energetic, forward thinking place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Collective Bias

"Fun, energetic, forward thinking place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome. I'm in the Chicago office and always have a great time in and out of the office. The industry itself is fast-paced and always changing so you need to be on your toes! It's a casual, friendly, and fun environment to work in.

The brands/retailers we work with are awesome. We treat everyone as though they're family and it is what makes us so successful as company.

If you enjoy working in a new media-digital/social, enjoy the entrepreneurial spirit, and being on the cusp of a booming industry-Collective Bias is a great company to work for!

Cons

Growing pains- our company is growing and an accelerated speed. With the amount of clients jumping on the social media/digital space bandwagon, we hire a lot of people with various CPG and retailer backgrounds. There are so many new ideas that aren't able to be implemented right away because we're still fairly new and putting in place new processes.

Being in a sattelite office also has its own hurdles. There are HQ growing pains, but also sattelite growing pains as management defines their leadership positions. We are a growing company, so sometimes you have to just roll with it.

Advice to Management

Communication is key-especially when working with other in different offices. Open door policy is great, but I need to take advantage of it more!

Other Employee Reviews for Collective Bias

"Fast Paced and full of Excitement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Casual Dress, Fun, multiple neat advertisers, innovative

Cons

Lack of consistency, being for sale, frequent employee changes, unclear long term strategy

Advice to Management

Thank you for trying to bring us to great places in 2014 and beyond. Really enjoying the opportunity for career growth and visibility to our short term future. I really enjoy the framework of the company updates and think it's a great practice to continue in 2014. A few less company changes would be desired in 2014; more specifically around process, people, & culture. Keep up the great work.

Collective Bias Response

May 13, 2014 – Director, Human Resources

Our leadership team is working on improving communication of our long term strategy to the company as a whole, thanks in part to this feedback. Thank you!

"In constant evolution, the hunt for precision is decision making remains elusive."

I have been working at Collective Bias (More than a year)

Pros

It's fun, and can be challenging.

Cons

Poor hiring decisions, messy, lack of inter/intra-departmental communication, poor compensation (and wealth disparity)

Advice to Management

Make strategy more apparent- teams have no idea how to work with each other. When new processes, tools, tech, etc are in beta phases, people either jump the gun and activate outside the realm of the intended objective, or show absolutely no interest in adopting the new concept.

Don't allow so much fluidity in roles. (i.e. People from account services shouldn't be trying manage sales relationships, creative deliverable efforts, or analytics)