College Admissions Assist. - I love working at CAA- Best place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for College Admissions Assist.

"I love working at CAA- Best place to work!"

Current Contractor - Enrollment Counselor in Santa Clara, CA
Current Contractor - Enrollment Counselor in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at College Admissions Assist. as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company and their management team- they truly care about the students, the families and the people that work for them. I feel appreciated and acknowledged by the company. We get paid to help people live out their unique purpose in life and to discover what their future goals are! Love, the supportive team environment. you get to make a difference. you're promoting higher education.

Cons

You want to help every family but you can't. You can't help those who's just not committed to going to college, or who doesn't want it. Nothing bad at all about the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Keep promoting the contests, the 99-4-1 program, and keep encouraging your staff.

Other Employee Reviews for College Admissions Assist.

"Good for a Job, Not for a Career"

Former Employee - College Admissions Coach in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - College Admissions Coach in Arlington, TX

Pros

I worked in the corporate office and loved my coworkers. The atmosphere was great and I appreciated the leadership's open door policy. There was always something exciting going on in the office!

Benefits and time off were good. They seemed to be very flexible if ever there was a time someone needed to come in a little late / leave a little early. The work-life balance was great, as soon as you are out of the office you can disconnect with work very easily. I was able to take some university classes while I was working!

I would recommend to a friend in search for a job, but not as a life-long career.

Cons

Hours are a little funky in the beginning because they start you off working the afternoon/evening shift. This changes the longer you are there though, so that's good.

I also didn't quite agree with the way the program was presented to lower-income families across the country. It seems that a lot of families are pressured into it, with the expectation that they would be receiving financial assistance from us (only provide educational assistance). The amount of time the families had to get a refund did not seem like enough.

Advice to Management

Be a little more honest and clear with families about what can be expected from the program. Allow longer than 2 weeks to cancel the program.

"Secretive & Shady"

Pros

Decent pay. When the phones aren't ringing you can read surf the web.

Cons

Starting in the reservations department, the phones ring constantly and you have to say the same things that are scripted over and over again. It gets hard not to be grumpy/rude on the phones. Completed calls last about 3-5 minutes so you take numerous in an hour. The letters the company sends are confusing in wording and leads to a lot of cranky parents calling in. The reservations department number is the only on the letter, so they often let their anger and confusion out on them. When the parents who aren't convinced by the shady letter want any info at all, there is a script of information you must stick to and you cannot give anything else away. Managers sit behind the phone area to correct you any time you give out to much info. They won't even let their employees in on the product information because they don't want you to accidentally spill any knowledge to the parents.

The review before summed it up pretty well when he/she said "leave your integrity at home, you must be a very good actor to role play and convince unsuspecting poverty level parents and students that they need to give you thousands of dollars in a split second decision for services that promise finding all the money a student needs to go to college"

Advice to Management

People would not think your business was so much of a scam if you were more open with your customers about what you offer