College Board - Satisfying work | Glassdoor

"Satisfying work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at College Board full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Meaningful work

- There's no other organization that affords its employees the ability to make such meaningful impact with educators nationwide.

Cons

- National organization, but can feel disconnected at times. New leadership is working to turn that around. Change is expected within the current year.

Other Employee Reviews for College Board

"College Board Online Marketing Group NYC, unprofessional to say the least"

Former Contractor - Online Marketing Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Online Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at College Board as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary, insurance and benefits are the only Pros

Cons

The online marketing group in New York is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Cronyism abounds. I cannot post what I would like to say here as I have tried and it will not get posted. Suffice it to say that they (the senior managers of the online marketing group NYC) take advantage of, their positions, people and their expense accounts, which is sad as they are supposed to be a non-profit helping people.

From my experience there there was a lack of knowledgable management. When they let perfectly knowledgeable people go (I am not speaking of myself) it was for their own mistakes and then they would proceed to trash talk about the fired person for weeks, which is just so unprofessional.

Advice to Management

make some changes

"Unspecified job requirement: the patience of a saint."

Former Contractor - Publications Order Entry in Reston, VA
    Former Contractor - Publications Order Entry in Reston, VA

I worked at College Board as a contractor

Pros

Great location. Energy efficient building. Mostly nice people.

Cons

They expect you to work a miracle with the equipment they give you. Frequent computer crashes, network malfunctions, and their being too cheap to get enough licences for the software that they use means that not everyone who needs to use iMIS or other programs can. Management literally has to send out emails asking people to log off so that the publications department can do their jobs. In spite of this, they expect you to make quota with little training and substandard equipment. Management was asking people to work weekends, and told people that they could bring their kids in if needed and they would feed everyone. Did I mention that in order to process one record, you have to access 3 computer programs?

Advice to Management

Upgrade your antediluvian computer system, fix the frequent crashes and failures. Streamline the process. There has got to be a better way.