College Chefs - Great company | Glassdoor
  1. "Great company"

I have been working at College Chefs

Pros

Great schedule and opportunity for creativity. Lots of pto on the school breaks! Wonderful management team and great support!

Cons

No summer work so finding something for summers can be challenging. However the do help with job placement for those who can do the type of jobs they can get you

College Chefs2017-07-05
  1. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Chef in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at College Chefs full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have 34 years in the industry and I have worked the 80 - 120 work weeks ..not any more , I am working 40 - 45 hours a week , paid time off for thanksgiving and Christmas , I am able to use all my experience to bring creativity to the table , my boss is awesome always lending support , always willing to talk and help with any idea or problem . I am in a sorority house i have 50 girls , they are great individuals... and they make it all.worth while ,, yes I love my job !!!

Cons

I don't have any cons of complaints

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing ! This company rocks !!!

College Chefs2019-03-28
  2. "Horrible hours and management does nothing about racist house directors."

Former Employee - Prep Cook/Dishwasher in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at College Chefs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The compensation is okay and paid holidays are a plus.

Cons

Schedule was from 12-8pm, no off days whatsoever unless you’re sick or it’s a super emergency, house directors are allowed to harass and belittle you because as my supervisor told me “we are contracted by them”. If you are black or brown, I wouldn’t recommend this job to you.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of losing contracts with horrible, racist house directors who make the work environment feel as if they’re a slave working for masta. You’ll lose business because you’ll gain a reputation of only hiring a certain demographic to please your racist clients and the business won’t be diverse AT ALL.

College Chefs2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about College Chefs.