College Chefs - Very Chill Job for food service | Glassdoor

"Very Chill Job for food service"

Current Employee - Chef in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at College Chefs full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like cooking you will like this job but it doesn't come with all of the craziness of a restaurant. As a relatively young chef with about 10 years in restaurants this job is a breeze. Plus the students are cool and enjoyable to work for.

Cons

The students sometimes will leave the kitchen and dining space less than desirable and it's hard for me as a chef to ignore some of their cleaning problems.

Advice to Management

Nothing other than would like a better summer options.

College Chefs2017-12-14
  1. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Chef in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at College Chefs full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have 34 years in the industry and I have worked the 80 - 120 work weeks ..not any more , I am working 40 - 45 hours a week , paid time off for thanksgiving and Christmas , I am able to use all my experience to bring creativity to the table , my boss is awesome always lending support , always willing to talk and help with any idea or problem . I am in a sorority house i have 50 girls , they are great individuals... and they make it all.worth while ,, yes I love my job !!!

Cons

I don't have any cons of complaints

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing ! This company rocks !!!

College Chefs2019-03-28
  2. "Horrible hours and management does nothing about racist house directors."

Former Employee - Prep Cook/Dishwasher in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at College Chefs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The compensation is okay and paid holidays are a plus.

Cons

Schedule was from 12-8pm, no off days whatsoever unless you’re sick or it’s a super emergency, house directors are allowed to harass and belittle you because as my supervisor told me “we are contracted by them”. If you are black or brown, I wouldn’t recommend this job to you.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of losing contracts with horrible, racist house directors who make the work environment feel as if they’re a slave working for masta. You’ll lose business because you’ll gain a reputation of only hiring a certain demographic to please your racist clients and the business won’t be diverse AT ALL.

College Chefs2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about College Chefs.