College Chefs - You Can't beat The Vacation time! | Glassdoor
  1. "You Can't beat The Vacation time!"

Current Employee - Head Chef in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at College Chefs full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working for this company, it has truely allowed me to be able to hone my passion and have a life. I love that I am my own real limiter and I can make my own decisions without being micromanaged. Small crew, Great hours, Great Pay, Gr Vacation time!

Cons

No summer placement, but they are upfront about this so it can be managed with proper finacial management.

Advice to Management

Keep working on communication, it is getting better than it was!

College Chefs2019-03-15
  1. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Chef in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at College Chefs full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have 34 years in the industry and I have worked the 80 - 120 work weeks ..not any more , I am working 40 - 45 hours a week , paid time off for thanksgiving and Christmas , I am able to use all my experience to bring creativity to the table , my boss is awesome always lending support , always willing to talk and help with any idea or problem . I am in a sorority house i have 50 girls , they are great individuals... and they make it all.worth while ,, yes I love my job !!!

Cons

I don't have any cons of complaints

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing ! This company rocks !!!

College Chefs2019-03-28
  2. "Horrible hours and management does nothing about racist house directors."

Former Employee - Prep Cook/Dishwasher in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at College Chefs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The compensation is okay and paid holidays are a plus.

Cons

Schedule was from 12-8pm, no off days whatsoever unless you’re sick or it’s a super emergency, house directors are allowed to harass and belittle you because as my supervisor told me “we are contracted by them”. If you are black or brown, I wouldn’t recommend this job to you.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of losing contracts with horrible, racist house directors who make the work environment feel as if they’re a slave working for masta. You’ll lose business because you’ll gain a reputation of only hiring a certain demographic to please your racist clients and the business won’t be diverse AT ALL.

College Chefs2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about College Chefs.