College Chefs - Great challenging place to grow as a individual team member | Glassdoor

"Great challenging place to grow as a individual team member"

Current Employee - Head Chef in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at College Chefs full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Monday thru Friday for the most no earlier than 7a.m. and no later than 6.p.m. weekends off for the most part. 1week off paid for turkey day 4weeks off paid for Christmas 1 week for spring break and four to five 3 day weekends through the year. I was sold on this aspect alone. Oh and did I mention the summer off which college chefs does not deny unemployment for the summer. 2. Great leadership that is... knowledgeable, compassionate and has integrity no wishy washy bolognia. 3. No bosses leaning over your shoulder breathing down your neck with coffee breath. But plenty of support if needed upon request. All and all my experiences have been great with college chefs and the people we work with are great.

Cons

1. The way we communicate is a bit challenging at first, but I got it done and became more tech sauce because of colleges chefs. 2. Can be quite challenging at times and the work load can be alot, but as chefs we rise to the occasion and it just makes you stronger. 3. Accepting the fact that you can't make every client happy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and come see us more.

College Chefs2019-03-17
  1. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Chef in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at College Chefs full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have 34 years in the industry and I have worked the 80 - 120 work weeks ..not any more , I am working 40 - 45 hours a week , paid time off for thanksgiving and Christmas , I am able to use all my experience to bring creativity to the table , my boss is awesome always lending support , always willing to talk and help with any idea or problem . I am in a sorority house i have 50 girls , they are great individuals... and they make it all.worth while ,, yes I love my job !!!

Cons

I don't have any cons of complaints

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing ! This company rocks !!!

College Chefs2019-03-28
  2. "Horrible hours and management does nothing about racist house directors."

Former Employee - Prep Cook/Dishwasher in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at College Chefs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The compensation is okay and paid holidays are a plus.

Cons

Schedule was from 12-8pm, no off days whatsoever unless you’re sick or it’s a super emergency, house directors are allowed to harass and belittle you because as my supervisor told me “we are contracted by them”. If you are black or brown, I wouldn’t recommend this job to you.

Advice to Management

Stop being afraid of losing contracts with horrible, racist house directors who make the work environment feel as if they’re a slave working for masta. You’ll lose business because you’ll gain a reputation of only hiring a certain demographic to please your racist clients and the business won’t be diverse AT ALL.

College Chefs2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about College Chefs.