College Nannies and Tutors - Great flexibility if you are willing to settle for poor pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for College Nannies and Tutors

"Great flexibility if you are willing to settle for poor pay."

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time

Pros

The company does an excellent job of advertising and recruiting students. There are usually enough students to make it worth your time. You set your availability and it is relatively easy to make special accommodations for the things that can come up in daily life. There is a standard curriculum for test prep, making it easy to cover all of the necessary material with a student.

Cons

They offer very little training. Scheduling can often be erratic because students come in on their own terms. They offer poor pay even for well qualified, experienced tutors.

Advice to Management

Allow for advancement for your tutors. There is no incentive to remain a loyal, productive tutor with your company if there is no opportunity for advancement.

Other Employee Reviews for College Nannies and Tutors

1. "Great Opportunity for an Enjoyable, Dynamic, and Flexible Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

College Nannies and Tutors is a very well managed and organized company. Not only are they dedicated to providing an excellent service for the children of their customers, but they are committed to being accommodating to their employees as well. This is an employer that can provide full-time employment opportunities as well as part-time for even the busiest schedules.

Cons

For this job it is necessary to have a car, and at times you can be placed for a job that can be more than an hour away. This can sometimes leave employees in the difficult situation of working enough hours to barely exceed the cost of driving to their placement. If possible, College Nannies and Tutors should look into changing their policy for driver reimbursement.

2. "Look no further if you seek a tutoring experience with an established but flexible system!"

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a tutor, I was given a comprehensive curriculum to work with, which gave me the confidence to take this position. Learning goals were measurable. Students could work at their own pace, which I value. Pay was fair and the scheduling flexibility was exceptional.

Cons

In my time as a tutor, I did have some difficulties with having the wrong material mailed to me several times. This situation was frustrating, but not impossible. Also, the curriculum sometimes made it difficult to focus on real learning and instead encouraged me to teach for the tests.