College Pro - Life changing experience | Glassdoor

"Life changing experience"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Glenview, IL
Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Glenview, IL

I have been working at College Pro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great mentors, hands on learning

Cons

very difficult, high risk opportunity

Other Employee Reviews for College Pro

1. "Hard Work Pays Off"

Former Employee - Senior Franchise Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Franchise Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at College Pro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Gives you a chance to run your own business without holding your hand, but still giving you support when you need it
    - Weekly goal setting/review meetings with your General Manager allow you to stay on course with an extremely difficult job
    - You honestly learn more from taking the leap to run your own business for one year than in four years of undergraduate study at a university
    - Perfect first entrepreneurial venture for someone testing out running their own business

Cons

- The epitomy of the 80 - 20 rule: the top 20% of the franchisees have 80% of the financial success
    - It is the exact same as running a small business: you only make as much money running a franchise as the profit of your personal business
    - Not for someone who is scared of failure
    - Work-life balance is non-existent, they phrase running your own business as "you get to choose your 80 hours" and it is very true in this case

Advice to Management

Continue to support your General Managers. They are the most underpaid, underappreciated employees I have ever seen.

2. "Painter review"

Current Employee - Painter in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Painter in Naperville, IL

I have been working at College Pro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work with friends, besides that I would not recommend the job to anybody unless you know the manager and know that they will run the business well

Cons

horrible management and training. They didnt teach us much in how to paint. The payments were not consistent and you had to keep asking for the paychecks.

Advice to Management

I would tell them to train the district managers better so that they can run their business better