College Works Painting - Lots of work- but no regrets | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting

"Lots of work- but no regrets"

Former Employee - Intern In 2010, Then RC in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Intern In 2010, Then RC in Sacramento, CA

I worked at College Works Painting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The support from my RC and my VP was awesome. I had a good relationship with them and they were with me every step of the way to help with all the skill building, developing good habits, and helping me become a problem solver which has now made me a strong leader and super independent. Some of my closest friends are people I have met through the program and has given me networking opportunities now that I am on the job hunt and graduating this semester. I also liked the fact that I work on my own time, and the sky is the limit for what I wanted to accomplish.

Cons

Time consuming. As an intern I struggled with balance and finding free time. As an RC it was even harder. There was also a lot of driving- I had to rely on my parents to help me out a lot with gas money. I actually made good pay my intern year, but a lot of my friends didn't which was really hard to see.

Other Employee Reviews for College Works Painting

"pyramid scheme"

Former Employee - Marketer/Painter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketer/Painter in Chicago, IL

I worked at College Works Painting part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a summer job, it was fine. i was just a painter and it was to be expected. Nice to work outside. also better than no job

Cons

does not train workers, or help deal with angry customers. simply insures the workers and takes in most of the profit. Painters are also forces to do door to door marketing with no compensation for the hours they waste doing so. CWP seems ashamed of what they do, on my campus they recently set up interviews for students without disclosing the company name.

2. "An incredible internship opportunity"

Former Intern - Branch Manager in Hartford, CT
    Former Intern - Branch Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at College Works Painting as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This internship was easily the most influential work experience of my life thus far. Although it is a lot of hard work, the skills and lessons learned from this program are incredibly invaluable. You are taught hands on experience in management, sales, and marketing through mentorship whilst maintaining a strong level of independence. It's a great program for networking through both clients as well as figures within the company, plus the culture is phenomenal.

Cons

It is a lot of hard work. My advice to anyone considering this program would be to not take this position lightly or put in mediocre amounts of effort-- if you do you won't see results. Although it might be tough at the time, taking the seven months seriously will make this program incredibly beneficial and worthwhile in the long run.