College Works Painting - Tough program but great experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting

"Tough program but great experience"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at College Works Painting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I essentially learned how to run a business as a Freshman in college. This was a good fit for me because I had the desire to run a business after graduation. Over the course of the internship, I learned how to sell painting services, manage over workes on the jobsite, and deliver a high level of customer satisfaction. Beyond the skills and boost to my resume, I also made over $12,000 so it helped pay for school the following year.

Cons

The major downside to the College Works program is that it requires about 20 hours per week during the spring while still in school. It is therefore very stressful because you have to cram everything in on the weekends around class. It is also demotivating when you don't get results and clients say no because you are not paid hourly.

Advice to Management

The biggest improvement that could be made is to provide some diversity with marketing other than door to door and client referrals.

Other Employee Reviews for College Works Painting

1. "Great hands on experience"

Pros

Great mind opening experience of what it takes to run a business.

Cons

Employing people you know can be challenging but fun. Sometimes its not best to mix business with friendship.

"About 6 months of unpaid work and money out of pocket before realizing gains"

Current Intern - Branch Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Intern - Branch Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at College Works Painting as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good learning experience... you will definitely learn a lot about yourself doing this. Helpful DAs

Cons

Pay structure (literally unpaid from when you begin in January until you finish the program at the end of the summer). Typically target college students... Long work hours (30+) which may be difficult to balance with school

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees earlier on to encourage them from finishing the program