College Works Painting - A scam; they expect you to work sub-minimum wage, and have no organized pay structure | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting

"A scam; they expect you to work sub-minimum wage, and have no organized pay structure"

Former Employee - Marketer/Painter
Former Employee - Marketer/Painter

I worked at College Works Painting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well, if you like talking to strangers and petting people's jobs, the work isn't bad.

Cons

My manager straight out deceived me about what I would be paid and how. I ended up working two weeks and making only $20 dollars, despite the fact that I was told I would make five times that. And then was fired when I complained.

Advice to Management

Have company-wide standards so individual managers cannot decide they don't want to pay their employees on a whim.

Other Employee Reviews for College Works Painting

1. "Humanized Prison"

Former Intern - Branch Manager Intern in Sacramento, CA
    Former Intern - Branch Manager Intern in Sacramento, CA

I worked at College Works Painting as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros associated with this job as an intern, or as a regional consultant, revolve around networking and learning the work ethic common to starting up your own company.

Cons

In my experience, the biggest con was working with the office. Consistently lost customer, employee information so checks and paperwork were late with no appeal process available. As long as you have a manager who engages with you regularly you have a decent shot at doing moderately well but if you get a manager who doesn't well its up to you how bad you want it to get before you quit.

Advice to Management

Work on making your office staff in charge of receiving paperwork more responsible and lower your cut of the sale. This is a sales position for college students, let them have some cash and not take 40% from their sale.

2. "branch manager"

Pros

work hard play hard culture

Cons

no help for middle bracket performers