Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. - Lakewood Ranch - Great Team Environment | Glassdoor
  1. "Lakewood Ranch - Great Team Environment"

Current Employee - ASR-Business Advisor in Lakewood Ranch, FL

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really didn't know what to expect when I started. I had some concerns about the 1099 role and all that comes with it. I have been working here at the Lakewood Ranch office for a little over a month. The support and training from the leadership group has been fantastic. I don't know exactly how other groups work but Justin Reynolds and his leadership team go out of their way to help me succeed. I have hit my first...

Cons

This position requires you to get out of your comfort zone often. If you are willing to work diligently goals can be met.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.2019-04-03

"Room for improvement"

I worked at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Salary is great! They pay out bonuses in a timely manner and you don’t have to question when or if they will be paid. If you get a good local team the culture is awesome! They have a lot of opportunities for training and professional development.

Cons

Recruiting for 1099 positions can be extremely difficult. It would be helpful if there was a base to start for agents to stay motivated. Managers at state level and above felt too disconnected from the field. They were also pressured by the company to promote unrealistic ideas of compensation. You can definitely make a good amount of money but it is a longer process.

Advice to Management

Provide a small base salary and maybe lower commission or bonuses during that time. Or offer new agents an option. With this model you won’t need to hire anyone that can pass an insurance exam or pass a background check and can be more selective with hiring.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.2019-05-06
  2. "Hustling"

Former Employee - Opener in San Diego, CA

I worked at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, great people and fun environment

Cons

No salary and lots of cold calls

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.2019-05-19

Discover more reviews about Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..