Colorado Health Network - Employment | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Employment"

Former Employee - Client Services in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Client Services in Denver, CO

I worked at Colorado Health Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Case Managers are not micro-managed, occasionally drug companies will come in and bring free lunch, relaxed dress code, on a major bus line

Cons

Management is awful. They do not trust their employees with anything - not even tissues. If you want a box of tissues you have to go to upstairs and talk to the them. One person stores them in his office.

They had a big "investigation" because two employees quit because of racism and discrimination within the organization - the "investigation" was "inconclusive". They had a meeting with all of the staff (that was announced 24 hrs prior). Regarding discrimination. It was said that we were diverse "we have one of everything". How can an organization thrive when a top official is racist?

If you are a woman or person of color, it is very hard to move up in the org and be heard. If you are a cute, white male, you will do well in this company.

Turnover is high!

Advice to Management

Maybe start with a little bit of respect (for clients and staff)?

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Low pay, oppressive managment, dishonest business practices..."

I have been working at Colorado Health Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brand new facility, friendly coworkers, easy access to downtown. Interviews are too easy. Great benefits. Benefits those less fortunate.

Cons

Oppressive leadership, disingenuous management, dishonest business practices. I really wan to like this place but the management could use some training. I have witnessed some dishonest business practices going on here. Toxic work environment. Pay is very low. Upper level management is very elitist, discriminating, and oppressive toward other staff.

Advice to Management

Take some training courses to learn how to perform your job better. Many may have landed in their current positions due to the Peter Principle. Do some house cleaning, see who actually contributes to the successful functioning of the company and trim the fat. Just because someone is fun outside of work and makes you laugh does not mean they are competent managers that need to be leading other people. Take a look in the mirror.

2. "I loved the people and the work!"

Former Employee - Public Health Intervention Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Public Health Intervention Coordinator in Denver, CO

I worked at Colorado Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were the best, and I miss them everyday. Not to mention, BEST BOSS EVER! As another revue said, the overall environment is welcoming to all regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or religious background. You simply can't beat the people and culture here. There are two other reviews that complain about a lack of diversity, but I don't know what they're expecting. The CEO is Latino, there are LGBTQ people in all levels including management and my boss was a woman.

Cons

The pay is tough for Denver. It's pretty good for a non-profit, but with the sudden increase in the cost of living in Colorado, especially Denver, it's tough to make ends meet.

Advice to Management

See if there is any way to offer more cost of living increases.

Discover more reviews about Colorado Health Network.