Employee Review

Former Employee

Student

May 8, 2021 - Student in Fort Collins, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

you learn a lot and it's worth it

Cons

lots of homework and no free time

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Almost no downside

Jun 11, 2021 - Forest Management Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great leave, great benefits, great support,

Cons

Some lack of stability. Contracts renew annually.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Abusive and Bad Work Place

Mar 17, 2021 - Resident Assistant (RA)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great, room and board is a big deal. Direct management, RDs and ARDs from my experience are the only good part of housing that is higher then the RAs.

Cons

Things will change at a moments notice. We were just given four week notice that we are going to be working spring break with not extra compensation even though our contract says breaks will give us extra compensation for working. There is a stipulation that says they can change this how ever this is still unethical. There is an emphasis on saying the right things, being the right person, and liking the right people. I had a manager tell me that I do not have diverse enough friends and that was reason for concern for him. They WILL invade your personal life in some way. There is a strong layer of fake corporate woke that is dripped over everything that I personally find revolting. I am still here though becasue it is one of the only way that I can pay for collage. During COVID-19 we have not had hazard pay or any extra PPE past what we are will to buy for our selves. RA's have been told to clean up bio waste with out the correct training, we are working 24 hours a day, and management is unreceptive to anything that we have to say and uses anti-union language in our meetings and trainings.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Colorado State University.