Colorado Visiting Nurse Association - Great people to work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Colorado Visiting Nurse Association

"Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Homemaker in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Homemaker in Denver, CO

I have been working at Colorado Visiting Nurse Association part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employees are caring people; you can drop your clients if you don't mesh well with them; part time or full time job

Cons

pay is low; some clients are too demanding; drive time/mileage reimbursment only counts between clients

Jun 18, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for your insight. It is difficult to be able to serve our clients who are ill and underserved. We appreciate all our employees and their dedication to this industry. .

Other Employee Reviews for Colorado Visiting Nurse Association

1. "LPN"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Colorado Visiting Nurse Association full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am a 27 year employee and have loved my work at CVNA! I was able to craft my schedule in a way that worked to raise my daughter. I have worked with many caring, wonderful people through the years. I now manage an off site program. I feel totally supported by my immediate supervisor.

Cons

I think the RN's have a lot of responsibility to assess and meet the needs of the patient and the paperwork (on the computer) is cumbersome. It is challenging for RN's to oversee LPN's because of the paperwork so an LPN must find a willing RN to tag team with. LPN's are not able to do as much in home care as they do in the hospital.

Jun 9, 2017 – President & CEO

Appreciate your insight. Our business model has been expanding to include increase hiring of LPNs. From our perspective, many nurses – LPNs and RNs join CVNA and the home healthcare industry... More

"Poor work-life balance"

Former Employee - Wellness RN in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Wellness RN in Denver, CO

I worked at Colorado Visiting Nurse Association (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable second income for retirees, refresher RNs
    Pleasant work conditions, daytime hours, congenial clients and co-workers

Cons

Most of the year, the primary business is foot care. Nurses average 10 hours a week.
    The benefit of these chunks of free time in between clinics has disappeared over the last few years with the expectation of daily email, mandatory monthly phone calls or meetings.You never really feel like you get away from this job, because if a client calls about their appointment, it is up to the nurse to return the call-not office staff.

Advice to Management

Upper management seems unwilling to invest in technology or administrative assistants (some were recently let go) that would improve work conditions for the field staff. Charts and clinic schedules are still pen and paper. Nurses have been requesting tablets for some time.

Jun 9, 2017 – President & CEO

The Wellness Division of the CVNA provides immeasurable value to seniors with the 150 footcare clinics on the Front Range. The care of the feet can speak to the health of our patients. As you... More