Columbus McKinnon - Strong momentum | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Great Management Team, dependable work, good pay and benefits" (in 6 reviews)

• "CMCO is a great company with great people, and I will always look back fondly at my time there" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I speak mostly of our upper management when I speak of the problems we face because our middle management staff MUST do as they are micro managed to do" (in 5 reviews)

• "Poor management and inconsistent work load" (in 3 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Strong momentum"

I have been working at Columbus McKinnon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO has a clear vision and rolled out new vision and values that are exciting and going in the right direction. Some of the newer leaders are bringing an energy that is refreshing and inspiring. Like anywhere, this company is not perfect but for the first time in a long time we believe we might actually be on the right track. The company is doing well financially and hope that means we all share in the success somehow.

Cons

Need more diversity...there are practically no women or minorities in leadership roles. Seems they are trying to make progress on diversity with some of the newer hires in management but still a long way to go. Some of the people in charge have been here a long time and do not really live the values just rolled out.

Advice to Management

I want management to know there are a LOT of people excited to see the improvements and want you to keep going. Keep investing in people at all levels. There are great, loyal people here who want to help the company do well, just show us the company cares about us in return. Communicate more often from the top...we want to know what is going on. Make sure the people in management actually live the values if you want to be successful in changing this place.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Columbus McKinnon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay
    Career Development
    Mentor
    Work with other interns

Cons

Hard projects
    Stressful work
    40 hr/ week

Advice to Management

Explain projects more, make schedule for summer

Columbus McKinnon Response

Aug 30, 2018 – Human Resources

We love our interns and yes, you can count on real projects and challenging work when you join us here. That is part of what many interns find so exciting. We are currently building a more formalized... More

"Lipstick on an old pig"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Columbus McKinnon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many anymore. The pay is okay. The company is doing well financially. That’s as good as it gets. The benefits used to be good but not anymore.

Cons

Senior leaders are the same old worn out leaders. The company recently rolled out new mission, vision and values. It wouldn’t be so bad if there were new senior leaders that believed in them and actually lived them. They don’t trust each other and treat the people badly. The company is doing well and still cutting heads. Not a stable place to be, especially if you are a female in management. Seems like they don’t want them here. They tend to find a way to move them out. It’s really a bad environment. I think everyone was happy to get a new CEO but that has just been disappointing. The new philosophy seems to be get rid of the worker bees and add more high dollar executives. Also there is so much turnover in HR....again...I guess that’s what happens when they start reporting to legal. What company in this day and age does that??

Advice to Management

It doesn’t matter what my advice is as no one cares nor will they listen. No one feels comfortable giving advice as they will be the next to be gone.

Discover more reviews about Columbus McKinnon.