Columbus Technologies And Services - Disconnected | Glassdoor

"Disconnected"

Former Employee - Contractor in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Contractor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Columbus has contracts with top companies such as the CDC. The firm is owned by a husband and wife who are very generous and good to employees. Benefits are better than most contracting firms who work with the CDC.

Cons

Since the position is through a contract with the federal government, it's possible that the job will end before the contract is actually up. In other words, there's no job security, no matter how good you are at the job. Local management is absent, showing up only occasionally to chat about mostly non-work related issues. Support staff at main office on California responds slowly to corresondence and request for direction, usually only responding if the owner is copied on the message.

Advice to Management

Have your local manager be more involved and visible to employees at the contract site so they actually feel they are a part of the company. Have support staff (HR and payroll) improve response times to employees. I asked for direction on my benefits when I learned my job was ending, and got a response at 4:30 p.m. on the last day of work - too late to take advantage of benefits that I had already paid for.

Other Employee Reviews for Columbus Technologies And Services

1. "Software developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

I have been working at Columbus Technologies And Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy being at Columbus. It is great company and is full of great people.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Columbus.

2. "Columbus review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Columbus Technologies And Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with and generous.

Cons

The company is based out of the West Coast, so that creates a lag-time in response when you need a real-time response.