Colwen Hotel Management - Not the best experience, not the best franchise hotel company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Colwen Hotel Management

"Not the best experience, not the best franchise hotel company"

Pros

Decent looking hotels, Flexible Schedule, Managers were understanding, Guests enjoy the hotels

Cons

-The interview and getting hired process was already weird to start off. Called in for an "interview" to get hired five minutes after talking and after getting hired and working, I saw the exact process done with other candidates too
-Training was not invested enough which can lead to a lower satisfaction rate to associates.
-"Professionalism" is a non existing word to the company. Wearing a suit and tie to work at their hotels is considered overdress
-Communication within the different divisions of the hotel was not the best
-Promotion within the staff seems a little strange (I.e. Being an operations manager after working a year in one position)
-Employee turnover rate is slightly high
-I was not pleased to hear one of my managers talking bad about their competition in terms of the hotel itself and working for the company
-At times, it did not feel like I was working at a hotel. Working at a hotel should feel welcoming and friendly. A lot of times, the staff did not want to make any conversations or even small talk with one another, rather, they were all to themselves.

Advice to Management

Colwen Hotel is growing in terms of acquiring more hotels and managing/representing outstanding brands including Marriott, Hilton, and Intercontinental Hotel Group. I wish I was able to understand about Colwen Management as a whole and what they truly believe in as well as their ethics with the company.
Training should really be invested more, especially to those who work part time.
Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring should also be invested more.
Rather than always showing concern with guests, considering internal marketing of showing more care and concern to the staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Colwen Hotel Management

"Rocky road of Colwen Management"

I worked at Colwen Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Small company, promote from within, represent decent brands and also some boutique locations, central and very involved owners, hands on hotels

Cons

Sketchy HR practices, constant changes in senior level management and leadership, high turnover, frequent changes to job descriptions and duties

2. "Front desk"

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Great company with lots of room for growth and a get resume builder. I started working breakfast and have worked my way up to a better position.

Cons

Shifts always change from day to day making it hard to get a good sleep pattern.