ComPsych - It's ok, I guess. | Glassdoor

"It's ok, I guess."

Pros

It's downtown, great co-workers, no micromanaging.

Cons

The pay is not good, no bonuses, 'holiday' parties at the end of January, no bonuses, clique-ish

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more, they have great ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for ComPsych

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Guidance Consultant
    Former Employee - Guidance Consultant

I worked at ComPsych full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient Downtown Location and great co-workers

Cons

Pay is awful, team leaders micromanage, little opportunity to advance, constant revolving door of staff because staff is not valued.

Advice to Management

Don't take your staff for granted

"High Stress and Drama. Not Much Fun."

I worked at ComPsych full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is fine (enough to not complain, but nothing to brag about). There is a lot of change and growth (although most growth is entry-level). It's ok to work at while you look for something else.

Cons

Teams are underfunded and it is normal to work with 2 or 3 empty positions that are never filled, causing extra work and stress for everyone. The company doesn't trust the employees, and the employees don't trust each other. There is so much childish drama, it's unbelievable. Management plays by completely different rules than what average workers must obey. The technology is outdated. The company is so cheap, it is nearly impossible to find a stapler or nice scissors.

Often I felt isolated, never having the chance to talk to anyone during the day, since there was so much work being on a team missing members. It was hard to make friends because of all the clique drama and passive aggression. I've never worked in a place so socially toxic. Workers often throw each other under the bus, and/or don't take responsibility and blame the next person down on the ladder. The floor I worked on had very little sunlight, and looked dingy.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Spruce up the place. The employees need a lounge. Fund teams. It's good to be fiscally conservative, but there's a point where cheapness derails productivity. You sell work-life balance and health products...why not implement some of that around the office?