Combined Insurance - Combined was a great proving for me for the insurace industry. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

"Combined was a great proving for me for the insurace industry."

Former Employee - Former Sales Agent and Former Sales Manager in Newport News, VA

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a seasoned independant insurance agent i can say combined insurance companies initial sales training is second to none. They stick to a simple sales pitch for the basic type insurance in their product line for the for the type of clients they market to and thier needs. because of the lead "cards" there is pleanty of potential clients to see but it does take the agent to turn on the car ignition if you know what i mean. The lead cards are not true lead cards as the rest of us out here are concerned in th brokers world but the good thing is its "free" people to see and in this economy free is always good try paying $500.00 to $1500.00 a month just to a face that might buy.

Cons

A gerat working oganisation works well when the "LEFT HAND KNOWS WHAT THE RIGHT HAND IS DOING" I am reffering to the sales managers and up. There is a differnce between being busy and being effective. Lets face it with all the meeting and confrence calls if we dont manage our time or prioritise correctly we become worn out being busy buy not efficient thats the reason for being burned out and broke. (high turrnover) why do i know this i was the top sales agent company wide ( U.S. life division 1998) with 465 life and disabiliy polocies sold in the 50 wk contest i had to have my ducks in a row. keep it simple build a solid foundation then you can build a great home you can be proud of and it will last we all want to see the fruit of our labor it just feel good and we do what feels good dont we?

Advice to Management

Look out im coming bach to a state near you! Balance is the key to health, family, and our finance. Treat other as you would want to be treated. Easy to say but much harder to do consistanly.

Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance

"Not the experience that I thought I would gain"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Newburgh, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide "leads" meaning you can go exploit their customer base, however these people have been over worked to the bone. The whole PMA philosophy and Mr. Stones principles is a good creed to live by. The quarterly meetings were cool, as you mingled with top agents and got a free and tasty lunch.

Cons

The income potential here is not what they make it out to be. The base accident policy is only $15.17 so you can imagine that it will take a lot of sales to make a decent living. Like every sales job, this potential to make money depends on you, however, combined has one way of marketing, DOOR KNOCKING! They do not advertise and the customers base that they give you are not only dried up for sales and have no reason to buy, but they also say things like "I gave 5 referrals to the guy that was here last time". Monday morning meetings in my territory were a joke, we would have to sit through 1 hour long of "good news speakers" of the agents saying how they got their sales but none of it helped me personally.
    So if you like talking to people about insurance and not being able to build a relationship with them at all this job is for you. Our manager texted us every single sale that the team made as motivation and I would hear him flirt with the women sales people. This job/career was a joke for me and unless you work in a new and poor area, this will be a sinking ship for you too n

Advice to Management

Maybe the manager should go out and actually evaluate and train the sales team rather then selling for them and making believe that the person is learning. Stop texting out the sales numbers its very annoying. To my TM I realize that this is the best position that you could have gained in your simple little life but instead of telling us how great the company trip was, tell us how the insurance that we sell can fit into a persons life and help them.

"run run as fast as you can!!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Elmsford, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Elmsford, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small tiny salary for three weeks and quick cash peddeling cancer and accident insurance policies to mostly poor,and uneducated blue collar workers like at sanitation departments: most of the public does not have much use for these products. they have a deep client base that they have established over the years so the old face you can quickly hit up and sell them more products to for some fast commision cash!

Cons

old customers old face have been so beaten up with sales calls from all the combined insurance agents over the years that when you contact them they yell at you and hang up the phone or throw you out of their business! for new business it is a lot of door to door sales like aluminum siding sales from the 1950,s The best thing if you want to see what a typical work day is like here go rent the movie Tin Man starring Danny Devito! managers only care about qiuck hit them up daily sales. they micro manage and expect to be called every night before nine pm with sales results. even if there is a hurricane and power black out they still want you to call before nine they are NEUROTIC!! go watch the movie the Crazies there are the distric and territory managers!

Advice to Management

get a life!!! stop micro managing offer a better product