Combined Insurance - Not for agents new to the sales industry | Glassdoor

"Not for agents new to the sales industry"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The sales school training in Chicago was great! Has great products. W2 instead of 1099

Cons

No support my first month in the field. Your first 4 weeks in the field is supposed to be accompanied by management. During that time you’re supposed to earn nice bonuses contingent upon your manager going out to train you how to write policies. That didn’t happen. I was told “You can do it”! PMA! (Positive mental attitude). Needless to say, I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth for selling insurance. Oh and... another thing, when management goes out with you while you’re in training. You’re supposed to write the policies, NOT THEM. When my manager finally went out with me he wrote all the policies for himself. I walked away empty handed.

Advice to Management

Make sure management is actually doing the “BLUEPRINT for SUCCESS” with the agents. Not sending them out on the own.

Combined Insurance2019-08-22

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive Culture, good pay, happy people

Cons

This is mostly a con for you Glassdoor. Why do I have to write a review to see other reviews?

Combined Insurance2019-11-05
  2. "Good Career for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great training, flexible schedule, lots of earning and promotion opportunity. Residual income! Doing something that helps people.

Cons

If you won’t listen, won’t follow the training, won’t go out to work and really give the system an honest best effort try, don’t waste your time and the managers’ time. This isn’t for slackers.

Advice to Management

Corporate level- stop adding so many new “security” measures. They probably aren’t doing any good and just make things more complex.

Combined Insurance2019-11-16

Discover more reviews about Combined Insurance.