Comcast - Big company that trips over it's own feet sometimes, but nice place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"Big company that trips over it's own feet sometimes, but nice place to work."

Current Employee - Business Solutions Sales Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Business Solutions Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good comission. Goals aren't constantly adjusting, so that is really nice. Supervisors really want to work with you to hit your goals and improve performance continually. Lots of fun little bonuses and perks. Great benefits!

Cons

Big company... so it often feels like nothing ever gets fixed. Also, there are several "sales prevention departments" that are constantly working against you instead of with you. It feels like I'm constantly battling the most retarded internal processes to make my sales stick.
Also, because it's such a large company, you are often just treated as a number by upper and middle management. They genuinely don't care about anything but your revenue and attainment numbers. Even then they probably won't ever notice you exist. Maybe that's not a big deal for you though.
Biggest con is all the processes and procedures that will slow you sales down and make you want to bash your head into a wall every day. Other than that, it's a pretty good place to work.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the unnecessary beureaucratic processes. (and there are a lot of them!)

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "The go on and on about being rated a great place to work and I'm sure it is, just don't work in a call center."

Former Employee - Advanced Products Customer Account Executive in New Castle, DE

I worked at Comcast (More than 3 years)

Pros

free cable and internet is awesome and the people that work there are pretty cool.

Cons

Garbage pay, Garbage hours, Garbage customers with Garbage problems that treat you like Garbage.

Advice to Management

I heard you lowered the pay rate of this job for newer people joining to this role. It was low when I joined that's kind of hard to believe.

2. "Work with really smart people on cutting-edge technology in a progressive, financially stable company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Comcast Video Software in Mill Valley are a really smart bunch of software engineers who love life and love what they do, and are really good at it. The company has great leadership, especially at the CTO level, with great emphasis on delivering value to customers using technology.

Cons

Working in a large and established corporation comes with the support of legacy products that need extra care to support and maintain.