Comcast - unless you're going for management, don't bother | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"unless you're going for management, don't bother"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Malden, MA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Malden, MA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

reliable company, not going anywhere due to monopoly, amazing benefits, generally good people to work with, you get a good number of vacation and sick days, and opportunity to somewhat advance

Cons

The management gets to jerk you around like you wouldn't believe, and they make all the $ while doing the minimal work. Most of them are utterly incompetent and wastes of life. I've worked in many departments and with many other departments, inside the office, and on technicians outside. Most hourly wage workers there are very, very unhappy, and you can tell looking at their faces.

The company likes to change your shift every 6 months based on their metric system (which goes against any rules they may say of helping the customers the most, caring for them ,etc...oh and don't want to work evenings suddenly...too bad) . You will get treated like it's a kindergarten. They preach one thing but want you to do the other, you have too many bosses, working there is so much like the movie Office Space it's not even funny. (oh and do your TTS tickets, for everyone who calls in, even if they just hang up instantly or misrouted calls). One of the worst experiences I've ever had and I was there for multiple years.

Advice to Management

why don't you do actual work for a living, and cut out the office politics? stop treating grown adults like children, and if you can't trust the people you hire, maybe review your hiring practices instead of finding warm bodies to fill seats for trivial, meaningless, go-nowhere jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - CAE I, IP Support in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - CAE I, IP Support in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely the best company I have worked for. Great Benefits, Great Management, Great Pay. Leadership truly cares for employees

Cons

Dont Really have much i can say. I wish there was an express way through training rather than the redundant 10 week course.

"CommTech III"

Former Employee - Commtech III in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Commtech III in Orlando, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers; Learning Experience; Meet Great People

Cons

Low Pay; Bad Management; Poor Technology; Old System taken over from Adelphia; No Growth; Endless Metrics

Advice to Management

Listen to the techs, everyone is tried of the endless metrics they have to keep up with when you constantly add more.