Comcast - no title | Glassdoor

"no title"

Former Employee - Sales in Fife, WA
Former Employee - Sales in Fife, WA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

money, flexability, good benefits, good hours, good leadership

Cons

metic system, can't think of anything else that is bad

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "Too many politics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefts
    Almost free services
    Met some really great people
    Theres a 20 word.minimum requirement but I'm stuck

Cons

Way to complicated for something as simple as cable internet and phone service. Greed forces them to try their hand in new products they have no business offering. Signature support. Home security. Skype when they can't even get the process of ordering cable right. If you want to work at this company you have to be really great at navigating office politics because at this location there is a lot of politics. I MEAN A LOT! Senior management does not run the business HR does. And for being in HR these folks are some of the most malicious people I have ever met. Extremely too faced and secretive. My manager was a complete bafoon and had absolutely no idea what he was doing. He did not know how to relate to people and always compared me to a statistic or theory of some sort. Horrible managers in general they get together on weekends with a select group of their favorite supervisors and talk about all of the other supervisors and frontline employees and make fun of them. Working at this location was a complete mind game. Nothing is ever as is appears and there is always an alterier motive. Way to secretive. The performance management changes from month to month and some really great people.have been fired because of this ever changing plan. I actually think if some of the people who got fired knew about this they could possible file a law suit.

Funny thing about this is that if they ever by weird chance read this they will say . Well if they didnt like us or working here then its prob better they're gone. Arrogance!

Advice to Management

Take back control of the business and stop letting hr run the business you are loosing good people because of bad hr and managers. Not the supervisors contrary to your ever vocalized theory of "people don't leave companies they leave supervisors". Ummmmm ever stop to think it may be managers or maybe all of management or even the fact that no one knows how to do their job because of unclear expectations and ever changing policies/procedures. Or the fact that you over value only imput from employees who take you asking their opinion to heart that if their opinion isn't implemented they act like children and have a sense of entitlement because is it.

"Good working environment."

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good employer-employee relationship and excellent benefits.

Cons

Too much working hours..almost 12-14 hrs work/day.

Advice to Management

Proper project management and avoid running too much projects at a time.