Comcast - Great company for internships or co-ops. Highly recommended | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"Great company for internships or co-ops. Highly recommended"

Pros

Flexible schedule, well paid internship

Cons

Not really well known in IT community

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Not terrible, but I won't stay."

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

Employees get discounted cable, phone and internet services. For the most part, you're left to manage yourself and your projects. The schedule is somewhat flexible, and the PTO is pretty good.

Cons

Even though there’s absolutely no reason to be in the office, working from home is frowned upon. You can do it, but not regularly. It lends to a babysitting mentality.

There are a lot of “Rah, rah. Ain’t Comcast great” meetings. Who has time for all the meetings? Quarterly meetings, monthly meetings, weekly meetings. And this doesn’t include project meetings. It’s a lot of Kool-Aid to drink. It can be trying, especially as we’re understaffed and have a significant amount of backlogged work. Subsequently, deadlines have become tighter and there's more pressure.

Health benefits have gotten progressively more expensive, which may be typical for every company. Noteworthy though since increases are revealed shortly after a meeting announcing how great the company is doing financially.

All this might be tolerable if not for the pay. It’s WAY below industry standard. If my salary were competitive, I’d stay and not mind working occasional nights and weekends to meet project deadlines. Attempts to increase your salary beyond the minimal raise is met with platitudes about the value in all the free services you get. Like I’d pay for every channel known to man if I didn’t work here. It’s factored into your compensation package though. There is a bonus that consistently gets paid out with the company doing so well (as monopolies tend to do), but it’s nothing impressive – 8% for non-managerial positions.

It’s a good place to get experience. And then move on to get paid what you’re worth.

Advice to Management

Let employees that can work from home. Champion for better pay.

2. "It was a ok experience but it could have been great"

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and Benefits are good. Meet many great people. Company is great about perks like almost free TV Internet and phone service. Many free dinners and lunches. Very generous with sales prizes and gift cards.

Cons

Needs training for entry level supervisors and managers. Some times good ole boy club. Supervisors dating staff should be addressed. Leaders talk about one on one coaching but Supervisors don’t have the time. Need to address some of the integrity issues with some tenured reps.

Advice to Management

Develop stronger coaching skills with supervisors and managers. Just saying this is were you need to be will not cut it.