Comcast - With a good focus, you can go anywhere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"With a good focus, you can go anywhere"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and fun culture. Trainers and co-workers really embrace a team ethos

Cons

Office politics, as with any professional career field

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "Overall a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Telecommunications Technician in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Technician in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensations, vacation time, work schedule

Cons

Business rules appear too rigid sometimes.

"If you want to pay a company to "let" you work for them then go for it!"

Current Employee - Dsr in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Dsr in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Phone, Internet and discounted Cable

Cons

This company has a pay structure that is set up for failure. Your commission is considered a pay advancement for the sales you make, however, if the customer does not keep the service or pay their bill four months down the road you will receive a "charge back" on the money you made on the sale. Poor customer service will likely be the cause of the customer cancelling the service that causes you to lose money. You will end up with "literally" a negative pay check. Yes, I have seen this happen. The quota is unrealistic to meet therefore you never receive the targeted pay. At the end of the year, you have paid Comcast to "let" you work for them. Not to mention the danger Comcast subjects you to by sending you into dangerous neighborhoods. They will micro manage you even on your time off and "GPS" track your every movement. In summary, Comcast has managed to master manipulate the pay structure to get "FREE LABOR" from their employees. This company will lead you into bankruptcy before you even realize it. For those of you who have read this, they have set the pay structure up for failure. You WILL work for FREE do not say I didn't warn you if you decide to proceed. There is however a current investigation being conducted by the labor board.

Advice to Management

Stop it already with the "FREE LABOR" We are NOT in China! You need to seriously take a step back and look at what you have done to our pay. Or do you even care? We are not children. We DO NOT need to be micro-managed. If we do not hit our sales quotas, fire us! Micro-management is unnessary. Spend the money on something more constructive. (Of course why would you want to stop micro-managing us when you are getting free labor?) We can't even take an earned day off without working. (Isn't that illegal?)