Comcast - Telesales | Glassdoor

"Telesales"

Current Employee - Telesales in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Telesales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Comcast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the atmosphere along with my sales positions. Telesales allows me the opportunity to help customers as well as sharpen my communication skills.

Cons

There are no full time positions available for telesales.

Advice to Management

If management were to provide a full time shift as well, that would be perfect.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Was a great company to work for before downsizing and cenralization began in 2009!"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mobile, AL

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The comeradery at the system was excellent and the coworkers support made going to work more pleasurable. The compensation and benefits for higher technical positions and the supervisory/manager levels are very good to excellent in addition to the company 401k plan.

Cons

As a mega corporation the senior management was only concerned with the bottom line and if you didnt deliver month after month you were chastised and or berated on monthly financial and stats reporting calls. They remained too far removed from the people in the trenches that worked at the system level and face to face with the customer. Extremely long hours were the norm and expected especially during the entire summer months spent preparing budgets. Too many reports and chiefs reviewing and micromanaging monthly stats and reports.

Advice to Management

Treat people that are running your business with a little more respect and dignity. Be more open to input and feedback from the people on the front line, quit micromanging and show a litlle more appreciation for those that have made your business sucessfull enough to buyAT & T Broadband and NBC Universal. Put a little bit more into the pockets of the lowel level staff and technicians that are trying to raise families. The top high level executives are more than overly compensated.

2. "Rate"

Former Employee - Tier3 in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Tier3 in Livermore, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Did not like some of the stats

Advice to Management

Loved management. They take care of you!