Comcast - My 12 Yrs at Comcast | Glassdoor

"My 12 Yrs at Comcast"

Former Employee - Several Positions in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Several Positions in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits including stock options, discounted services, and time off banks.
Excellent opprotunties to move up from 2000-2010
The majority of the people there were awesome
I truly loved my time at Comcast. I learned alot and had many successes.

Cons

Culture shifted to outsourcing and downsizing, I saw many good people who knew the business well get a severance package. Including myself. They were once known for having care reps in the town you were in so you never waited long to talk to someone or had to talk to someone in another country. Now you get someone in a call center in the U.S where Comcast is not even a provider or in Costa Rica.

Advice to Management

Stop with the downsizing and restructuring, it makes good employees nervous and morale goes down which hurts production and customer care.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Stressful, Good benefits"

Former Employee - CAE I in Madison, MS
    Former Employee - CAE I in Madison, MS

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonus checks, Benefits, Rewards for good stats (like gas cards, prizes, certificates), Paid Vacation Time

Cons

Stressful position, Training doesn't teach you much, Programs used provide little information for customers, Most of the supervisors aren't helpful they walk around and don't want to take supervisor calls so sometimes you're just stuck, Slow computers (still on Windows XP), Not much time to be on the phone with customers only 7 minutes, it's more about "meeting stats" than helping people - creates even more stress with already rude/crude customers, It's not about what you know, it's about getting off that phone within 7 minutes, If you actually like computers/technology and want to be in the field....you won't learn much in this position, You have to lie to customers alot because of lack of information a simple "I don't know", isn't going to suffice, Would not recommend this job if you're in school or want to have a life, Feel like every I go into the job it's to defend Comcast...became HIGHLY stressful

Advice to Management

Upgrade the operating systems, Train employees on more of what they will have to deal with on the job, Need more information like (causes of outages, why a technician didn't show up), Customers need access to dispatch so tech support doesn't have to take the brunt of lazy technicians), Inform customers more of services that ARE and ARE NOT provided - like tech support for routers, they need to know up front that it's a charge to receive support for it.

2. "Good work for anyone in their twenties looking for experience."

Pros

Training and supervision are well provided.

Cons

Lower pay and difficulty in advancement.

Advice to Management

Groom your talent.