Comcast - I love this company | Glassdoor

"I love this company"

Current Employee - Comm Tech III in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Comm Tech III in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition Reimbursement, Health Insurance, Quarterly Bonus

Cons

I don't have any complaints

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "Cc"

Former Employee - Tier II Escalations Specialist in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Tier II Escalations Specialist in Newark, DE

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Almost free services, nice co-workers and workplace, great benefits

Cons

Some management is very nasty, telling outright lies, expect you to take care of customer issues in very little time when it takes more time sometimes

"Technical Support Network Operational Center"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k with company match is among the highest in the country, Employee Stock Purchase plan is very generous (85 % premium), every department I have worked for is relatively stress free (very important to me). Salary compensation is lower than the peers but with incentives, bonuses and levels achievement, real salary is possible.

Cons

Constant relocating of whole departments from one state to another affecting people's employment status, inefficient customer service's logistics ( the majourity of customer's issues can be resolved when the customer calls and not when a technician is assigned to drive to the customer's locale the next day). In most of those cases, the technician is unable to resolve the issue because it is not technician related and will have to call into technical support to resolve the issue which should had been resolved the day prior by the customer service personnel when (s)he had the call.
    Lack of Corporate - no corporate synergies and interactions. Corporate does not know what the rest of the company's life is relating to their job function, They establish rules and regulations that are in many cases steps backwards and are detrimental to the whole company as a whole. If one corporate person where strategically placed in a non corporate building, their operations will be more efficient and beneficial

Advice to Management

1. - Listen to your non corporate employees, they are the face of Comcast and believe it or not know what is needed to more efficiently run the company. If non corporate complains that their hardware is not enough to meet the daily needs of the customers or it impacts their ability to properly execute their job functions, do not wait until 4 years, act immediately. If we are unable to conduct our duties correctly everybody will suffer. That also includes unnecessary "truck rolls", a more efficient customer service team that takes the first calls or a liaison with a first call technical support team in the background at the time of calls (like a help desk but a true help desk) will eliminate about 80% of your truck rolls and in the interim save your corporate millions in hard currency per month. The positives: a much higher JD Power and Associate rating, happier customers who will state that they know what they are going "a true first call resolution" will be impacted almost immediately. But to engage in this, you will to listen and take the advice of the people that deals with the system everyday, instead of passing archaic rules that has little benefits.