Comcast - The cable company everyone loves to hate - but they're really pretty good to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"The cable company everyone loves to hate - but they're really pretty good to work for."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros are free cable and deeply discounted internet/phone/home security. The value of this perk varies based on what services you have now and choose to get but for me added up to more than $2400 a year. There are a lot of really great people there and depending on where you work (hopefully not a call center), they typically have other perks like onsite fitness centers and really nice break rooms - with cable of course.

Cons

Comcast is constantly in a state of change. It's not a question of IF the major changes (new bosses, new districts, new initiatives, new metrics, new products, etc.) it's a matter of WHEN the major changes are coming. Tech centers are great to work at. The call centers seem to have a junior high mentality though (although it seems like all call centers do) and hence if you work in a call center, you tend to get treated like a 5 year old. Also, even though they are a telecom company and they stay on trend with their product offerings, their internal systems are antiquated and are a common source of frustration for employees.

Advice to Management

Update you internal systems please. There are too many antiquated, legacy systems that don't communicate well with one another. Employees are unduly burdened with these clunky systems. Get your bright minds on the task and make the actual nuts and bolts of day to day work easier for your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Promised the world, then i realized they could care less unless you make your #s"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to start in sales. Great perks/benefits. Notoriety of prodcut

Cons

Notoriety of product. Customer service. Lack of communication. Pay structure is constantly changed to benefit the company not the employee.

Advice to Management

Stop making this company a bad place to work for hard working sales reps. You promise us the world and potential to "make a alot of money" but that money really only comes during ramp. Pay attention to the reason why people leave your company for another competitor. Stop lying that the product is fiber optic or whatever you want twist it with. Because every person that asks what is XFINITY always gets a differnt answer. Terrible

"Unrealistic Goals"

Current Employee - Comtech Level IV in Bonita Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Comtech Level IV in Bonita Springs, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to Work outside and meet lots of nice people.

Cons

The company has unrealistic goals you must meet. Tech's need the time to talk to the customer, evaluate the problem and fix the problem right the first time out. You can't do that in 45 mins.

Advice to Management

Can you even do half of what I do? I love it when you guys tell me how to do my job when you've never even touched a piece of wire before. If you want your customers to be happy, Please, don't slam us with an unobtainable quota for the day. Give us the time to do it right and let us be proud of doing a good job. These nothing more satisfying than leaving a customers house knowing you have fixed the problem, the customer is exstatic and you won't have to go back.