Comcast - Fair employer, solid benefits, but don't look for the personal touch | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"Fair employer, solid benefits, but don't look for the personal touch"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive
Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Terrific tools, solid portfolio of products, smart/experienced leadership, terrific benefits package, competitive compensation plan (though per current employees, rapidly headed in the wrong direction).

Cons

Profit, profit, profit. I understand that we're all here to make money, but the nanosecond you don't help Comcast's bottom line, see ya later. Slavish dedication to metrics and little if any loyalty to employees whatsoever. They're up-front about their approach, so I still generally recommend them as an employee, but wow. If you're in sales, don't look to Comcast as a long-term fit. You've heard of "what have you done for me lately"? Not like this, you haven't. They're in a dominant position in the telecom industry and they will turn and burn you without batting an eyelash.

Advice to Management

None that would make any difference. They're making money, and that's unquestionably their bottom line, so who am I to judge? I wouldn't work there again, though.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"One of the most crooked, disconnected companies..."

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative (DSR)
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative (DSR)

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free cable for full-time employees/Benefits

Cons

Minimal communication from corporate to other employees about real issues. Shady day-to-day job dealings, in order to meet demands. Dissatisfied and underpaid workers contributing to poor customer service. Low pay for long hours of mindless work. No voice for employees (or should I say slow turn-around regarding forum for employees speaking out). A very 'what you won't do, another person will' kind of atttitude, from upper management. Unprofessional and uneducated people in management positions.

Advice to Management

Clean house and hire all new people, based on values (if ChickfilA and Publix can train their employees to have this sort of disposition, why can't cable companies?....). Make achievable sales quotas so that employees will not be tempted to compromise their integrity or that of the company's. Make the interview process more rigorous and background checks more detailed.

"Not terrible"

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

Large company in 38 states, good benefits, talented people, Comcast's services are high in quality: most content for video, fastest internet speeds in the country - new home security is sub par.

Cons

One of the worlds most hated companies, poor customer service, customers tend to despise the company.

Advice to Management

Focus on customer experience