Comcast - From the get-go, in my particular position, I got the feeling Comcast was willing to invest in my success here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"From the get-go, in my particular position, I got the feeling Comcast was willing to invest in my success here."

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As of right now, a fairly decent commission structure (though I hear this may change [icomp]). Some amount of flexibility if you are exceeding goals. Company puts a lot of money into your success, such as work tools (ipad, company phone, messenger bag and other helpful materials, work uniforms, heavy duty jackets for cold weather), comfort (hotel or gas reimbursement for out of town training, meals provided for meetings or training sessions), and incentives (on top of base and commission, there are sales incentives for the truly motivated, most common of which are incremental gift cards).

Cons

Demanding and potentially exhausting. Strong work ethic is a requirement. Goals must be met. Work in all kinds of weather, no exceptions. Packages and promotions change all the time, so you have to stay adaptive with your pitch. It can, at times, feel like you are always at work. Supervisors breathe down your neck and micromanage you, most likely because theirs are breathing down their own. It's a numbers game - play it or get replaced.

Advice to Management

Understand that the work we put in is not limited to the 11-8 work day. We may want that extra day off to recoup from answering customer calls and baby-sitting installations on our days off or before and after hours on work days. The more sales we make, the more of this work there is to be done. So be lenient on the top performers that appear to be getting burnt out.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - CAE IP Support in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - CAE IP Support in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

Pays was competitive, good training, not much room to expand an IT career in the IP support.

Cons

crazy shift hours, your schedule depends on your groups performance.

"Great Honeymoon period, than a complete 180 when manager was faced with pressure"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like my teammates - try to help one another

Cons

I saw more than 2 people get railroaded by an LSM that should have been fired years ago. I am scared for my own job. There is no one to go to if you are in a satellite office.

Advice to Management

Chop the dead wood! You are losing people that are better suited to be leaders in the company.