Comcast - Working at a discount | Glassdoor

"Working at a discount"

Current Employee - MDU Support in Trevose, PA
Current Employee - MDU Support in Trevose, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Good people, Location

Cons

Pay, miscommunication between management and employee, lack of job training

Advice to Management

Pay employees much better and hire on merit. I currently do the job of management and director levels because the managers and directors "don't know how" yet are paid 4 times more then the average employee. Proud to work for the company but very embarrassed that I can barely make a living being paid the salary I am being paid from a company that makes more and more profits each year

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Horrible place to work for"

Former Employee - Collectios Agent in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Collectios Agent in Sandy, UT

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cheap Internet, phone and cable service

Cons

Crappy payment. The top earners only get 0.5 % commission. That;s half of 1 percent commission to put up with all that abuse on the phone. They treat the employees and customers like dirt. They only care about the money.

Advice to Management

Stop being so money greedy. Nobody lasts in this company. The turnover is very high . Everybody hates their job.

"From the get-go, in my particular position, I got the feeling Comcast was willing to invest in my success here."

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As of right now, a fairly decent commission structure (though I hear this may change [icomp]). Some amount of flexibility if you are exceeding goals. Company puts a lot of money into your success, such as work tools (ipad, company phone, messenger bag and other helpful materials, work uniforms, heavy duty jackets for cold weather), comfort (hotel or gas reimbursement for out of town training, meals provided for meetings or training sessions), and incentives (on top of base and commission, there are sales incentives for the truly motivated, most common of which are incremental gift cards).

Cons

Demanding and potentially exhausting. Strong work ethic is a requirement. Goals must be met. Work in all kinds of weather, no exceptions. Packages and promotions change all the time, so you have to stay adaptive with your pitch. It can, at times, feel like you are always at work. Supervisors breathe down your neck and micromanage you, most likely because theirs are breathing down their own. It's a numbers game - play it or get replaced.

Advice to Management

Understand that the work we put in is not limited to the 11-8 work day. We may want that extra day off to recoup from answering customer calls and baby-sitting installations on our days off or before and after hours on work days. The more sales we make, the more of this work there is to be done. So be lenient on the top performers that appear to be getting burnt out.