Comcast - A great eye opening experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"A great eye opening experience."

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

No pros to discuss at this time.

Cons

Working for someone who has not changed their ways of working from being their to long.

Advice to Management

NA

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Enjoyed the work. Did not enjoy the politics"

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. Excellent health, dental and vision. Great PTO. Moved to casual dress code in the middle of my time there so that was a big bonus. I was fortunate to work for a few different managers that were generally good to work for --- one of them eventually entered the political battles (which I speak about in the cons section).

Cons

Not every manager is worth working for. Some will demand that you work crazy hours. Others are much more reasonable. Also, the politics is not pleasant. Once managers reach the Director level, the politics can get ugly because there are so few VP slots to move up to. Many great employees were driven out or laid off due to these political battles internally. Some VP had the bright idea to offshore a lot of software development. Not only will not go well for the company, lots of folks got laid off. Comcast will regret the loss of this talent in 305 years when they bring most of that work back in-house.

Advice to Management

Get a handle on the political battles. It is tiresome to deal with as a technologist. I'm supposed to be there to build great things, not dodge political bullets. Offshoring highly technical work is a bad idea. Bring it back in house before you lose your edge.

2. "Comcast is an interesting place to work because they always keep it interesting."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast-growing company with a progressive outlook, can-do attitude and eagerness to innovate and be at the forefront of the industry.

Cons

As with any big company, there are many teams to navigate and sometimes competing priorities to overcome.