Comcast - Good Pay, Great Benefits, Poor Leadership and Customer service! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"Good Pay, Great Benefits, Poor Leadership and Customer service!"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is decent compared to most companies. The benefits are great! In addition to medical benefits, you also receive employee perks and discounts with alot of major companies.

Cons

Where do I start? Comcast are bullies. All they care about is money. They are a multi billion dollar company who doesn't give two squats about their customers. It really bothers me because I have worked in several depts over the years and it's the same attitude. I am literally ashamed to tell others in public I work for them because it's almost ALWAYS a horror story to follow.

Advice to Management

Start caring for your customers. You should here what they say about our customer service. I've sat with customers while they've called into customer service and it's a nightmare!

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"So Big"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free cable, internet and phone, excellent benefits package, got to know some fantastic people that taught me a great deal about the cable industry.

Cons

Being just a number in a huge corporation, prioritization of gender and ethnic quotas over actual skills. The person I worked for was free to treat people as badly as I have ever witnessed in an office environment without ever having to worry about losing her job because of her minority status.

Advice to Management

When it comes time to downsize, try to determine which people provide real value to the company and get rid of people that detract from the company, REGARDLESS of gender and ethnicity.

2. "Great environment and many networking opportunities"

Former Employee - Communications Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Communications Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome support for interns, many opportunities to grow in career and make connections internally and externally, respect for diverse employees

Cons

Super corporate atmosphere at times, the pace to get things accomplished can be slow, need approval/input from many people before anything gets published which affects timeliness