Comcast - Financially stable company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"Financially stable company to work for"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a Direct Sales Rep, you are allowed great deal of autonomy and great pay. Comcast pays a lot more than other telecommunication companies for the direct sales position.
I My love my immediate supervisor and really like my team members. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and great place to make a career.
Great benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short term/Long term disability, Supplemental insurance, life insurance, 401 k, discounted stock options, multiple stock options, discounted cable, discounts towards Universal Studios tickets, etc.) They match your 401 k contributions up to 4.5% of your income which is outstanding.
Also, very generous holiday, vacation, flex, floating holiday and other time off schedule. Full time employees start with 1 week of paid vacation (based on your previous years earnings to calculate your hourly) after the first 90 days of probation. After 5 years of employment, it will increase to 2 weeks and up to three weeks after ten.
Also, in my experience race, gender, etc. does not play a part as most of the my team members and immediate higher ups are considered to be minority.
I believe that Comcast genuinely cares about its employees. They are always asking, surveying how they are doing and what can be done to foster a better atmosphere. There is an open door policy and all employees have access to HR and Comcast Listens which allows for anonymous whistle blowing or sharing of other concerns.

Cons

Comcast is too big for its own good. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Even though each department has put emphasis on their own teams, they do not communicate and cooperate effectively with other departments to streamline the processes and offer better internal/external customer service experience.
Even though are sales channel is paid generously, the same cannot be said of other departments which could lead to low employee morale and performance. This explains why Comcast consistently ranks on the bottom of JD Power customer service rankings for telecom providers.
Also, most of Comcast's training is via Comcast University which is done online by the employee. Even though virtual setting has its advantages (cost/resources), it fails to adequately prepare some employees for their specific job. For example, in the sales arena, there are a million online modules that will teach an employee about tech., brand, etc. but fail to teach actual sales training.
Lastly, Comcast needs to empower employees to make basic decisions and avoid multiple layers of decisions for a routine task.

Advice to Management

I would advise upper management to empower front and mid level managers to have more autonomy in their decision making. Steam line processes and allow your sales reps a little authority in order to minimize cost/manpower hours waste and allow for better customer service experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "Decent company to work for."

Pros

Good job security and decent benefits.

Cons

Not nearly enough pay for the work required and not much room for advancement.

"Awesome benefits"

Current Employee - Rep2, Administration Clerical in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Rep2, Administration Clerical in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hi Speed Internet, Cable TV is free. You only need to pay for your boxes. Company is great to work for. Lots of flexibility. Quarterly and yearly bonuses.

Cons

Communication is horrible. Opportunities for advancement is good but depending on what department. As for Administrative Assistant, you have no way to move up on the ladder unless you apply for a different position in another department.