Comcast - Financially stable company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"Financially stable company to work for"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a Direct Sales Rep, you are allowed great deal of autonomy and great pay. Comcast pays a lot more than other telecommunication companies for the direct sales position.
I My love my immediate supervisor and really like my team members. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and great place to make a career.
Great benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short term/Long term disability, Supplemental insurance, life insurance, 401 k, discounted stock options, multiple stock options, discounted cable, discounts towards Universal Studios tickets, etc.) They match your 401 k contributions up to 4.5% of your income which is outstanding.
Also, very generous holiday, vacation, flex, floating holiday and other time off schedule. Full time employees start with 1 week of paid vacation (based on your previous years earnings to calculate your hourly) after the first 90 days of probation. After 5 years of employment, it will increase to 2 weeks and up to three weeks after ten.
Also, in my experience race, gender, etc. does not play a part as most of the my team members and immediate higher ups are considered to be minority.
I believe that Comcast genuinely cares about its employees. They are always asking, surveying how they are doing and what can be done to foster a better atmosphere. There is an open door policy and all employees have access to HR and Comcast Listens which allows for anonymous whistle blowing or sharing of other concerns.

Cons

Comcast is too big for its own good. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Even though each department has put emphasis on their own teams, they do not communicate and cooperate effectively with other departments to streamline the processes and offer better internal/external customer service experience.
Even though are sales channel is paid generously, the same cannot be said of other departments which could lead to low employee morale and performance. This explains why Comcast consistently ranks on the bottom of JD Power customer service rankings for telecom providers.
Also, most of Comcast's training is via Comcast University which is done online by the employee. Even though virtual setting has its advantages (cost/resources), it fails to adequately prepare some employees for their specific job. For example, in the sales arena, there are a million online modules that will teach an employee about tech., brand, etc. but fail to teach actual sales training.
Lastly, Comcast needs to empower employees to make basic decisions and avoid multiple layers of decisions for a routine task.

Advice to Management

I would advise upper management to empower front and mid level managers to have more autonomy in their decision making. Steam line processes and allow your sales reps a little authority in order to minimize cost/manpower hours waste and allow for better customer service experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "Great company ideals that don't translate down well to the little guys."

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

Fantastic benefits. Nice to work for a company that is always innovating. Department managers in my area overall seem to genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

Difficult to move up within the company. Advancement is closely tied to netwroking, but in many departments there is very little cross-channel interaction. Commissions continually decrease as sales goals go up.

Advice to Management

Many employees I have spoken with (myself included) would really like to see additional support for internal growth. Internal job applications often go unanswered by anyone in the recruiting department. Higher base pay or commissions would also be a huge help. Direct sales/winback folks have the potential to make tremendously more than window reps selling the same products, and winback has advantages like offering heavily discounted rates.

"Sales Supervisor"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor
    Current Employee - Sales Supervisor

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, discounted TV, Internet, Phone and Home Security. Cool new technology for residential customers.

Cons

Very stressful work environment. Clueless leadership who've done very little to none field sales. Micromanaging culture. Pay has been trimmed year over year through changes to bonus structure. Most installation jobs are routed to contractors who could care less about our customers. Overall, if you want to have a life outside of work, stay away from the low end management side of things like Supervisor role. They'll work your butt off and STILL find a way to pay you less than what they did the previous year so they can buy their next big company (NBC, Time Warner, etc). A LOT of red tape if you want to help a customer out. Customer service is a joke. I deal with customers everyday who say the exact same thing - call center support is of very little help. If you don't know someone local to help you, you're out of luck. If you're a customer and was told you'd be getting a call within 24hrs to resolve your issue, forget it! I run out of my "make it right" cards almost as soon as they come in since so many folks I meet can't get help through call center.

Advice to Management

Morale has been very low lately. No one likes to have to work more and get paid less. Look at your senior leadership to see if they're helping or hurting business. Nothing replaces field experience. The Senior manager that talks a good talk but can't relate to the job at hand due to lack of listening or hands on experience can sink a whole department. Ask your frontline employees what changes they would like to see - they are the ones talking to the customers day in and day out.