Comcast - Comcast | Glassdoor

"Comcast"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Miramar, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Miramar, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

These are some of the of the good things Discount on Services, Additional Benefit, and Pay Rate, Community Involvement, Great Training System for leadership,

Cons

I believe that this will kill any company but here are some issues I have observed while working for the company for 7 years. Favoritism, Unrealistic Expectations, No work life balance, Failure of the Open Door Policy, Poor Coaching and Development Process

Advice to Management

Please remember people have to enjoy where they work in order to want to come back the next day

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"Inevitable was of time!"

Former Employee - CAE III in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - CAE III in Fishers, IN

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefit package with wonderful discounted cable. You learn what your really made of, because everyday becomes a battle just to go into work.

Cons

As a cae (Customer account executive) your verbally and mentally abused by your supervisor and the customers. So called coaching is designed to teach you how to professionally mislead the customer. You have to abandon all dignity to successfully hold a position with comcast. After four years and a transfer to a new state I gave up and quit. My manager was consistently refusing to provide account credits that were due to the customer. This is something that goes on frequently throughout the company. Basically, when a shady sales person doesn't disclose the cost of install/setup the cae takes the call and attempts to convince the customer the charge is valid. Even if the customer demands supervisor assist they won't get it and the best thing to do is disconnecting the service.

Advice to Management

None, you guys know exactly what's going on and I'm sure you condone it.

2. "Residential Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sandy, UT

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and comparable pay for like positions in the industry, Medical, Dental etc was very good coverage and my portion was very inexpensive.

Cons

There was constant changes in almost all areas of the job, Pricing, offers and even the products changed a lot, with all the changes it made it very difficult to try and be competitive with other offers from other channels selling the products.

Advice to Management

Find a better way to track and manage the offers from all channels.