Comcast - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

thePlatform hires really good people... smart, dedicated, engaged employees. That it is a good place to work is shown by the very low turnover of the staff.
Good benefit package.
Being backed by Comcast helps in a slow economy.

Cons

Slow to learn from mistakes.
Little evidence of business analysis.
Unwillingness to negotiate from a position of strength with customers.
Unorganized and ad-hoc processes across the company.
Opportunities for career growth are unclear.
Lack of training.
Laissez-faire management style allowing some people to get away with more than you would hope would be allowed.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Solicit feedback.
Train employees to be better able to hit the ground running.
Offer more opportunities to move up within organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"If you're lucky enough to get a job here you could have a career for life"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Benefits are great, reviews are regular and I receive lots of feedback from managers. CA&R has great mentors you owuld be lucky to work for. Work life balance is a huge priority and in some cases overtime is non-existant.

Cons

Comcast is not known for having the greatest pay and over the past few years raises have been 2% - 3%. Hopefully as the economy picks up Comcast will have the ability to be more generous with pay raises.

Advice to Management

Comcast's leadership is doing a great job and has implemented many ways over the years to show how much they value their employees.

"Seriously People?"

Current Employee - CAE Repair in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - CAE Repair in Huntsville, AL

Pros

I have worked for several large corporations over the years, and frankly find it absolutely astounding that people complain about working here. In all the companies I have worked for not one of them offers paid time off for when you are sick without it ALWAYS taking away from your Vacation time, and few have offered two weeks vacation in your first year. Comcast does not penalize you for having multiple children, no matter how many kids you have your insurance remains the same. People tend to get angry because they use all their flex (sick) time for pleasure and then get written up because they actually get sick and have no time left. I personally have needed to call out with zero notice twice since I've been with the company, and in neither case have I been written up. I think that the policy of calling out once in any rolling 30 days is completely rational, and of course if you don't agree with it you're tied to no contract so pack your desk and get out. Be greatful you have a job, you weren't guaranteed today, wake up glad you've got at least a few breaths left and take the call, that all be it miserable, is your call; look at the bright side you're getting complained to, or about, but knowing you did your best should be enough to satisfy you. Is it frustrating at times to work here, sure, but they call it work for a reason, I don't look at my wife and say "I'm off to fun sweetheart," I say I'm off to work. So to wrap it up I'll say this is the job at times miserable, absolutely, but the main catalyst of this misery is employees that refuse to recognize a good thing when they have it. Comcast offers a great tuition reimbursment program, haven't seen much about that, two weeks PAID vacation in your first year, 8 PAID flex/sick days, and people complain, why, well simply put it's because they can't get their priorities straight. If you use a flex day for a hangover that's your ignorance, you knew you had to work the next day when you took that first drink, or stayed up late just to hang out and were too tired to work. Man up people, either take pride in what you do, or drop it and quit, Comcast is employing you, they didn't ask any of us to come here to work, we all asked them to let us come here.

Cons

It is a lengthy process from start to finish for a promotion, it would be nice to hear of someone applying for a promotion and finding out whether or not they got said position within a month. At the same time you consider the fairness behind this process and it's not so bad.

Advice to Management

Perhaps pay a bit closer attention to the people you are hiring, clearly from what I have read many hired feed on drama and/or are very irresponsible and want to point the finger at the hand that feeds them.