Comcast - A pretty nice work place, with decent benefits & salary | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"A pretty nice work place, with decent benefits & salary"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great workplace. Company provides free snacks and pop, and semi regular events like parties or catered lunch for everyone. There are some very smart people in lead positions that don't mind helping other engineers out when asked.

Cons

Hard to figure out how raises and promotions work, annual reviews don't really give much feedback on how to get that raise or promotion. This may have to do with how the economy has been doing lately.

Advice to Management

More transparency on raises and promotions. It sucks to find out that raises will be 1-2% 1 month before they are given out. Also, a better bonus structure if raises aren't happening so employees have some motivation to excel.

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

1. "Not too bad if you're okay with phone centers."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

Pros

Good benefits; medical, dental etc. As well as free cable/internet/tv. Everything is very professional. They have comfortable facilities and good coworkers. If you are okay with working at a call center, this is a good place to do it.

Cons

Once I got on the floor it appeared to me that advancement from my position seemed less likely or a longer road then I believed from my interviews. It's a call center, plain and simple. I didn't like the pressure for sales, especially from a customer service position.

Advice to Management

I would suggest being a little clearer about exactly what the position is, and a little more realistic with applicants about advancement opportunities.

"Billing and Repair"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Benefits, benefits, benefits, benefits, benefits

Cons

Very prejudice place to work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to take a closer look at their supervisors and how their employees are treated.