Comcast - The ups and downs of call center life... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comcast

"The ups and downs of call center life..."

Current Employee - Tier II in Silver Spring, MD
Current Employee - Tier II in Silver Spring, MD

Pros

Great benefits package, medical dental, vision, complimentary services, educational reimbursement and ESPP are outstanding. Although the pay is mediocre at best when compared to other companies in telecommunications and IT, the benefits package does make up for some of the gap.

Cons

Lack of communication in a communications company. People are hired with little to no experience to do their job and their responsibilities end up being shifted to other employees. Way too much hand holding and turn over.

Advice to Management

Hire (and hold) more qualified people!!! Stop hiring people for technical jobs WHO ARE NOT TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT!

Other Employee Reviews for Comcast

"my experience with comcast could have been better"

Current Employee - Retention CAE in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Retention CAE in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

Then benefits with comcast are wonderful....and the free cable, phone, and internet are great aswell

Cons

atmospher is negative, rigid work environment....It feels like a military envirinment. Adults are managed like children. A bathroom break causes heads to turn. You are expected to be plugged into your phone and every work that comes out of your mouth is literally recorded. And can then be used against you if desired.

Advice to Management

Allow for a mute on the phone system so that if I sneeze due to allergies or a cold I can prevent the customer on the other line from sharing my experience.

2. "Great place to work for top performers looking to really shine"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Stable company with great benefits. At Comcast Entertainment Group we are all very proud to work here and know its a great fun type casual work environment which makes the day go by so much faster. Everyone seems very easy to work with and people like being here and tend to all get a long. We take a lot of pride in our work here and get to see our work in action when ever you turn on the TV. Overall, people feel the stability of workingf for such a great company and know that even in this economy it helps working for a company like this.

Cons

They can be a bit too corporate at times.

Advice to Management

We need more vacation days and more time off.