Comerica - CSR | Glassdoor

"CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Comerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get the job, hard to keep it. average person with the company lasts about a year.

Cons

Hard job, might as well be a call center atmosphere. With goals that if you don't make will get you terminated.

Advice to Management

Bankers are parasites and feed off the tellers and management to get accounts. They can get credit for walk ins, but a teller can not.

Other Employee Reviews for Comerica

1. "Comerica should have moved to DC/NoVA rather than TX"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Comerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seems to be plenty of room to advance

Cons

The pay is average at best and the benefits seem to be lagging. I was also never given any compensation for parking downtown when I was a contractor for Comerica. They put people into positions who had no business being there (no degree or background). I even remember that I was not allowed to go with my co-workers to a Tigers game because I was a "contractor" and not an employee. Way to treat your workers!!!

Advice to Management

Stop with the Michigan bashing.

2. "Great people, but systems and processes internally leave much to be desired."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Quality people. Generous benefits compared to some other larger institutions.

Cons

Poor internal processes. Lack of robust technological resources for bankers to perform their jobs most effectively and efficiently.

Advice to Management

Look at all internal processes (particularly credit underwriting in business banking) through fresh eyes, to find ways to bring efficiencies to the banker in delivering top-quality products/services to the client. Invest significantly in technology to automate many internal processes, which often seem manual and disjointed. Needs a robust CRM tool to best manage client relationships.