Comerica - Micromanagement everywhere. | Glassdoor

"Micromanagement everywhere."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at Comerica (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits. Ten paid holidays.

Cons

All tasks are micromanaged with the Kronos time management system. You have to punch a time clock all day long. If you are data entry and the phone rings, you have to punch out from the data entry task and enter the answer the phone task. You also must keep count of your phone calls, the items you file, and how many items you keyed in the system. You also must use your user id to use the photo copier! You reviews which are done twice a year are based on your Kronos totals. If you work one minute of unauthorized OT, you are placed on corrective action. If you are not comfortable with Micromanagement, Comerica is not the place for you to work.

Advice to Management

Let the employee do their jobs instead of being "Big Brother!" You will lose plenty of talented people.

Other Employee Reviews for Comerica

"Comerica - Cutting Its Way to Propsperity?"

Current Employee - Senior Investment Strategist in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Investment Strategist in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Comerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally nice people with which to work. Core Midwestern values are still quite evident in the corporate culture. If you find the right person, they can be very helpful.

Cons

Company has underinvested in systems in recent years. Training is not a strength of the corporation. Not a sales culture. Corporate lending still drives the organization's bottom line. Holistic wealth management is an aspirational goal for most offices, not a reality. Actions speak louder than words, and "cutting our way to prosperity" has been a running joke for several years.

Advice to Management

Demonstrate a commitmen to geographic expansion. Continue to support field personnel with sufficient staff so that they can focus on developing business and keeping current clients happy. Make sure that salaries are in line with competitive, so as to discourage turnover when economic conditions improve (repeating cycle).

2. "Bank Opportunity"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Houston, TX

I worked at Comerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to get my experience in banking with Comerica Bank. I recommend people to work for a great company that gives back to their employees.

Cons

I cannot really complain about Comerica Bank. Overall, was highly satisifed working at Comerica.