CommScope - Used to be a pretty good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CommScope

"Used to be a pretty good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Catawba, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Catawba, NC

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Halfway decent pay and benefits. The benefits dwindle every year where we are paying more and getting less as far as insurance goes.

Cons

I will say that it wasn't always like this. I could only assume that as the company got bigger the employees mattered less and less. I really hate to break it to the corporate big wigs, but the employees are the ones who make money for the company while the execs are the ones who cost the company money. I and a lot of other people used to actually enjoy working at CommScope.

Management is fairly incompetent and to a degree unqualified, but then again cronyism is very much alive and well at this company.

Advice to Management

First off try being positive to the employees for a change. You may not believe this, but telling them that they might be losing their jobs every chance you get does absolutely zero for morale. Most people I work with could care less about their jobs now because well why should they? Why care when you may not even have a job next month, or next year according to the constant negativity you shovel out to your own employees.

This company has a lot of employees who have stayed loyal to the company for decades which is a whole lot more than I can say about those in corporate. I think it's about time they started treating them with the respect they deserve instead of just a number that can be tossed out like the near thousand other people I have seen get laid off since I have been there.

Other Employee Reviews for CommScope

1. "security guard-watch inside and outside of bank"

Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

i was armed for the first 5 years

Cons

employer was very bad in understanding all things.

"Not bad, but there is plenty of room for improvement."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Pros

Lots of traveling if you enjoy it. Management is supportive. You learn something.

Cons

Compartementalisation. Not enough team-building. Some people are kept out of the loop. The training sucks. Not is enough resources to learn and grow. My growth and learning is way slower than I expected. Not enough mix of responsibilities. Given my 14-15 hours days, I feel exploited which I know I am.

Advice to Management

Need work on team-building.