CommScope - Poor Management | Glassdoor

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Training Department in Catawba, NC
Current Employee - Training Department in Catawba, NC

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and gracious number of paid Holidays.

Cons

Terrible benefits and company is run poorly these days.. Sending all our jobs to China.

Advice to Management

You need to stop being so selfish and quit thinking about just yourselves al the, titme and think about the middle, very loyal man that has workded very hard for you, and you have kicked them out the door. These workers have been there 20, 30, 40 years.

Other Employee Reviews for CommScope

"Great place to work, casual working environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, relaxed working environment, new technologies

Cons

yearly rise is not good, although bonus provision is there, hardly get paid since it depends on performance of division which is so for not achieved

"Used to be a pretty good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Catawba, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Catawba, NC

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Halfway decent pay and benefits. The benefits dwindle every year where we are paying more and getting less as far as insurance goes.

Cons

I will say that it wasn't always like this. I could only assume that as the company got bigger the employees mattered less and less. I really hate to break it to the corporate big wigs, but the employees are the ones who make money for the company while the execs are the ones who cost the company money. I and a lot of other people used to actually enjoy working at CommScope.

Management is fairly incompetent and to a degree unqualified, but then again cronyism is very much alive and well at this company.

Advice to Management

First off try being positive to the employees for a change. You may not believe this, but telling them that they might be losing their jobs every chance you get does absolutely zero for morale. Most people I work with could care less about their jobs now because well why should they? Why care when you may not even have a job next month, or next year according to the constant negativity you shovel out to your own employees.

This company has a lot of employees who have stayed loyal to the company for decades which is a whole lot more than I can say about those in corporate. I think it's about time they started treating them with the respect they deserve instead of just a number that can be tossed out like the near thousand other people I have seen get laid off since I have been there.