Commercial Programming Systems - Old and worn out company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Commercial Programming Systems

"Old and worn out company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Decent reputation in the marketplace.
Compensation can be good if you perform
Recruiting understands IT

Cons

Managment from the top down is old and treats people very poorly.
Not a new idea has come out of this group in twenty years, still doing busines the way they did it in 1990.
Senior management displayed very poor judgement concerning ethical issues with employees
Terrible employee development

Advice to Management

Find some new blood

Other Employee Reviews for Commercial Programming Systems

1. ""Excellent consulting experience - Highly recommend them!""

Former Contractor - Training/Project Manager Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Training/Project Manager Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My entire consulting experience with Philip Sawyer, President, and Commercial Programming Systems (CPS) has been beyond positive and impressive.

I was referred to Philip by an internal referral at the Los Angeles Superior Court for a contract position. From my initial conversation with Philip, I immediately felt like part of the CPS team. Philip impressed me with his extreme professionalism, personable demeanor, humor, extensive business knowledge, and HR / IT expertise. What I immensely appreciated was Philip taking time to educate me about the court’s history, their employee background/hiring requirements, and work environment.

CPS provided upfront streamlined paperwork, ongoing open communication, professional interaction, beyond quick responses, and timely paychecks.
    I would highly recommend CPS as a top-notch consulting firm.

Cons

None. The entire experience was positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fabulous work!

2. "I'd work for them in a heartbeat"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Commercial Programming Systems as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I consider the people at CPS to be among the best informed and most professional people I have worked with. There are very few people who have called me with a job that I can say have done their homework on the position so well that any question I can ask will be answered with any BS or saying they will find out for me.

Cons

The only "con" is that there aren't more companies like CPS. Also, unfortunately, I wish they'd find more openings in Orange County that fit my background.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see you expand and succeed. Perhaps there is a way to be more of an innovator in terms of training and paid time-off, where applicable.