Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation - Better than I could've hoped for. | Glassdoor

"Better than I could've hoped for."

Former Intern - Vacation Student in Canberra

I worked at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation for less than a year

Pros

Great and friendly people, lovely workplace culture. Great work/life balance (although that may have been just my supervisor).

Cons

The hiring freeze is the elephant in the room, and experienced and capable staff are slowly being made to leave as their contracts finish. Constant restructuring limits the effectiveness of scientists and leads to politicking. This is to be expected of any large organisation but it seems especially bad here.

Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation2014-02-28
  1. "Great for career development"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lucas Heights, MD

I worked at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great for providing junior employees with the opportunity to prove themselves and take on additional responsibilities Really great colleagues Great place to learn from some absolute technical experts

Cons

Additional responsibility not formally recognised after a sustained period (year and a half) Pay a little low

Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation2019-09-20
  2. "World class research organisation"

I worked at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation

Pros

Truly multidisciplinary research, at scale, and at the cutting edge. Very flexible in terms of leave and leave without pay etc, but bizarrely picky about working from home.

Cons

There is an amazingly efficient rumour mill at CSIRO. If only communication from senior levels down could work as well.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of managing change and reorganisations.

Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation2016-09-13

Discover more reviews about Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation.