Community College Foundation - Great non-profit organization for work as an in-home tutor | Glassdoor
  1. "Great non-profit organization for work as an in-home tutor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

I worked at Community College Foundation part-time for less than a year

Pros

The organization offers great flexibility, great support for teaching materials, and great opportunities to really make a difference in kids' lives! They really try to assign students who live nearby to minimize travel.

Cons

The pay is not optimal, but this is understandable considering the nature of the work and the fact that it is a non-profit organization. The positive experiences I had definitely made up for the lack of pay.

Advice to Management

The materials and assistance provided tutors is excellent, although any extras can make a big difference. I did find myself buying things like prizes and printing a lot of material from the internet for my students. Maybe subscribing to a teaching resource database and making it available to tutors would help more.

Community College Foundation2015-08-18

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work for, very friendly environment."

Former Employee - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Community College Foundation part-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff was very supportive and attentive. They made the entire workflow better. Trainings were also very adequate and prepared me before going out into the field

Cons

Too much driving. Mileage reimbursement would be helpful. Not many openness for promotions or raises in salary for the employees.

Community College Foundation2016-06-18
  2. "Rewarding Job but Limited"

Former Contractor - S E S Tutor in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Community College Foundation for less than a year

Pros

You are able to help children who are struggling with their academics. They provide ample materials to use for a specific child.

Cons

No support, no communication. It seems to be mostly a "fend for yourself" type of contract. They give you materials and you're supposed to use your knowledge and expertise to form an ed plan for specific children. Also, they don't tell you if their contract is up or if they're still registered as one of the S.E.S. organizations that will teach in a consequent school district.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with your tutors. It isn't very professional to not give a warning or at least give a run down of what an employee should be doing or what their current status is within the company.

Community College Foundation2016-02-08

Discover more reviews about Community College Foundation.