Community Development Institute Head Start - A very interesting learning experience. I am very pleased that this company has hired me. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Community Development Institute Head Start

"A very interesting learning experience. I am very pleased that this company has hired me."

Former Employee - Teacher in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Teacher in Detroit, MI

I worked at Community Development Institute Head Start full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salaried wages. Comfortable work environment. Lots of people who really advocate for children!!! I also am very pleased that this company provided several training's which allowed me to expand on my teaching methods. This company allowed me to be creative with our classroom children and helped me to make learning fun for our preschoolers. I must admit I had a wonderful time teaching.

Cons

Working with this many woman can be messy. Administration sometimes lacked information their employers were seeking. Also some questions would go completely unanswered. I felt that consequences to some actions during our agency wide meetings were too relaxed.

Advice to Management

Please consider paid maternity leave. More personal days within a school year. Also reconsider pay raises.

Other Employee Reviews for Community Development Institute Head Start

1. "Nice and friendly colleagues and average-to-low pay"

Pros

Other employees are nice, friendly, and working towards a common good cause (nutrition and health education for children from low-income families). Work is fairly straight forward. Up-to-date office technology. Great management staff (no micro managers :))

Cons

Pay rate is average-to-low. Generally, work is not extremely challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! CDI Head Start is a great place to work. Consider offering more competitive pay as funding allows.

2. "Preschool Teacher"

Former Employee - Assistant Preschool Teacher in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Assistant Preschool Teacher in Denver, CO

I worked at Community Development Institute Head Start full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

JobTrainnings & Positive Transitional staff

Cons

Extented daily hours & Executive staff are always in transition