Community Health Network (Indiana) - Very healthy experience, love the people I work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Network (Indiana)

"Very healthy experience, love the people I work with."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Community Health Network (Indiana) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am very happy to be a part of Community. My supervisor has encouraged me to seek additional experience so that my resume (as well as my paycheck) can grow. In two years I have been promoted three times. Each promotion was prompted by my supervisor's desire to see my work acknowledged.
The people I encounter on a daily basis are the nicest you will ever meet. I have had some family issues arise during my time with them and my supervisor and co-workers have stood by me. This kind of environment is the healthiest I have ever been a part of.
The benefits are great. Medical is probably pretty standard, but they do offer a wide range of side benefits as well. There is a program called Bridges to Weight Management for those who would like to lose weight in a healthy manner. You work with a physician, a therapist, a dietician and a fitness specialist. No extra cost to you either!
I especially enjoy the discounts offered to employees: tickets to sporting events, symphonies, amusement parks etc. can be gotten cheaper through Community. A great way to keep the workers' morale boosted.

Cons

Can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your workers to grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Network (Indiana)

"Lack of respect for the older worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Community Health Network (Indiana) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was close to where I live and relatively safe environment but.........

Cons

The place doesn't have any respect for their older, long time employees and they began laying off these people under the guise of "phased retirement" whatever that means. It means that if you are close to 62 and you've been there enough time to get your traditional pension then you were phased into retire whether you wanted to or not.

Advice to Management

Well when I was there, and I was laid off in 2010, there were 9 CEO's running around in there probably pulling down millions in salaries and golden parachutes. And the rest of us were thrown under the bus. I would still be working, I'm only 64 but the place decided I needed to go with 800 other older baby boomers. Pretty callous and now the layoffs are hitting LPN's here in 2013. I have a neighbor and her sister, who is 58 and there 36 years is getting the axe in Sept 15th. There are making her work until that time and then she will get her severance. At least when they laid me off I got my severance without having to come in and still work. How humiliating!!!!

2. "Awful place to work. Selfish, with no regard to employee opinion/satisfaction at all."

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Community Health Network (Indiana) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are all very nice facilities, with high quality customer service. Definitely the place to go... as a customer that is.

Cons

Worked there for two years, no write ups, missed only one day of work in all that time, and still couldn't get prime hours. Repeatedly watched others get hired in with the hours I had asked for and was given no reason as to why I (or any of the other employees who wanted these hours) didn't get the hours. Talked to MANY employees in MANY areas of the hospital that were very unhappy with management and the way things were being done.

Also, it was nearly impossible to find an opening to even try to move up. And management (in the cafe at least) is under a different employer, so there was no way to move up into any of those positions.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees, especially when they're all saying the same things.